Skip to main content

My Fair Smiling Mandy

Originally written 13 October 2016

My Fair Mandy
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Cartoon Network
29 July 2005

Mandy is encouraged to enter a beauty pageant. In order to show her full beauty, she must do one thing one thing she doesn't usually do---smile.

---Vic's Review
13 October 2016

On this post, I said I might review this episode, so finally, here I go. This episode was full of that "you-know-what" Mindy and pageant moms using their daughters to live the dreams they wanted to have. I like how General Skarr was one of the judges. Toward the end, Mandy has her act singing her rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." She's no Judy Garland but the performance was really touching. Fans of "2001: A Space Odyssey" would understand the reference shortly after Mandy curved up her lips. The fact that Cartoon Network Fridays was hyping this at the time of the premiere and even making her smile again at all makes me want to bellow "You fools! You messed with the natural order!"

With all the hype aside, this is just a regular episode with an event that caused disorder. If I were to rate this single ep, I might as well just rate the entire 4th season as well, but I won't. It's nice to see a random episode of "Billy and Mandy" once in a while. Not as great as pre-season 2 so it just gets 3 stars. Is it really worth catching up on what I've been missing? I just watched it when it first came out because I just decided to follow the hype even though I wasn't watching regular new episodes by that time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Danny Phantom fans, guess what!

I'm sorry for the lack of updates these past few days. My computer keeps acting up and i've been busy with stuff. Well, anyway, in the Butch Hartman forum, Butch says that Nickelodeon has renewed Danny Phantom for a 3rd season. Spread the word, everyone!!! And there are also new episodes coming this June. I can't wait. I hope they don't stink because i've been liking the show since it came out on April 3, 2004. If I like one, i'll review it when I get the chance. Let's now come back to the subject of updating. I'll probably do more post this summer if there's things to be discussed. I hope you all have a great summer and enjoy the new "Danny Phantom"s. like I said, I'll put up a review once i've seen one. VMM, signing off!

Goodbye to Bloo - Reviewed

Originally Written 25 December 2016 Goodbye to Bloo Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Cartoon Network 3 May 2009 As I said in an earlier post , I didn't get to see this ep when it premiered. I found out about it the next day. Not even 2 years later I finally got to see the episode. Yeah, the week of 3 May 2009 wasn't the best week for me (for personal reasons). To this day I have seen "Goodbye to Bloo" several times and here's what I think of it. They tried to make it where Mac would no longer be coming to Foster's when it was something else entirely. This was how they ended the series. Even if I had absolutely no idea this was the actual last episode, I can tell it's the final episode just by seeing how the story proceeds and ends. Toward the very end, upon closing the episode, the ending made my mind flash backwards through the entire series, remembering the great and not-so-great moments that made "Foster's" "Foster'