Skip to main content

My Fair Smiling Mandy

Originally written 13 October 2016

My Fair Mandy
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Cartoon Network
29 July 2005

Mandy is encouraged to enter a beauty pageant. In order to show her full beauty, she must do one thing one thing she doesn't usually do---smile.

---Vic's Review
13 October 2016

On this post, I said I might review this episode, so finally, here I go. This episode was full of that "you-know-what" Mindy and pageant moms using their daughters to live the dreams they wanted to have. I like how General Skarr was one of the judges. Toward the end, Mandy has her act singing her rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." She's no Judy Garland but the performance was really touching. Fans of "2001: A Space Odyssey" would understand the reference shortly after Mandy curved up her lips. The fact that Cartoon Network Fridays was hyping this at the time of the premiere and even making her smile again at all makes me want to bellow "You fools! You messed with the natural order!"

With all the hype aside, this is just a regular episode with an event that caused disorder. If I were to rate this single ep, I might as well just rate the entire 4th season as well, but I won't. It's nice to see a random episode of "Billy and Mandy" once in a while. Not as great as pre-season 2 so it just gets 3 stars. Is it really worth catching up on what I've been missing? I just watched it when it first came out because I just decided to follow the hype even though I wasn't watching regular new episodes by that time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vic's Review's VERY Last Gasp...on Blogger

Well, you saw this coming, didn't you? As I have told you in a previous post, this blog on Blogger will no longer be updated with new reviews. However, for historical and nostalgic purposes, the blog will remain up. I may or may not want to make another blog with Blogger. If so, what will the new blog be about? Blogger is a fine platform that had handled this blog very well through the years. It was very usable for blog beginners. Even I noticed the ease of use when starting this blog, my first blog. Though many things have changed since 2004, this platform is still very usable. I have the new blog set up but I have not posted anything yet. I was waiting to close out this blog first. This is made with the WordPress that was an option from my web hosting account (in other words, "wordpress.org," the non-free version). I am learning more about WordPress design/development so the blog will improve with time. The first post will come soon. Please stay tuned! http://ww...

Goodbye to Bloo - Reviewed

Originally Written 25 December 2016 Goodbye to Bloo Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Cartoon Network 3 May 2009 As I said in an earlier post , I didn't get to see this ep when it premiered. I found out about it the next day. Not even 2 years later I finally got to see the episode. Yeah, the week of 3 May 2009 wasn't the best week for me (for personal reasons). To this day I have seen "Goodbye to Bloo" several times and here's what I think of it. They tried to make it where Mac would no longer be coming to Foster's when it was something else entirely. This was how they ended the series. Even if I had absolutely no idea this was the actual last episode, I can tell it's the final episode just by seeing how the story proceeds and ends. Toward the very end, upon closing the episode, the ending made my mind flash backwards through the entire series, remembering the great and not-so-great moments that made "Foster's" "Foster...

iMucha Lucha!, iMucha Lucha!, It's a way of life!

Today at school, I was about to go to band when I heard someone talk about The Flea (One of the characters). The person who said it wasn't sure which show it came from. Then they started to talk about "iMucha Lucha!" So I dashed out as fast as I can and before you know it, I was at band. That was so I could not hear more about it. We would play so loud that we cannot hear them in the other room. It was a time of a lifetime. Once again, I will not forget about it. Speaking of "iMucha Lucha!," my friend Brad and I were doing the dance to the theme song my cousin and I made up, and I accidently kicked him in the butt. I even told my Talking Teacher about it. It was so funny. A minute I kicked him in the butt, he said "You and I are 2 'iMucha Lucha!' fans on the go." And there's also gonna be a "iMucha Lucha!" marathon on "Cartoon Network" on Friday. Keep an eye out for that. He also made up this equasion; Cartoon Network+F...