Skip to main content

Bad news for "Thornberry", "RP", and "Hey Arnold" fans.

I was shocked to wake up this morning to find out that at 5:00 am (central time), the Klasky-Csupo created show The Wild Thornberrys (1998) and Rocket Power (1999) have been taken off the Nickelodeon schedual. Not to mention one of my other cancelled favorite shows Hey Arnold (1996). I'm not much of a Thornberrys fan, but Thornberrys has been replaced with a even worser show (I'm not even gonna say it right now, it's sooo horrible). Arnold, at 5:30 am, has been replaced by Teenage Robot. OK, I absolutly love Teenage Robot, but not that early in the morning. I'm not sure what Rocket Power was replaced with, but my biggest concern is with Hey Arnold.

I am so disapointed with Nickelodeon that they threw out a gem of my middle school girl years. The ep. that was supposed to be on was from probably somewhere in the 1st season. The begining of this series (1996-1997), just by watching them this time of my life, takes me back to the late '90s where nearly everything was just a field of dasies for me. In later episodes, it was the first time I hear the word "crap" in a Nickelodeon series. For those who are reading this and have "Nicktoons", they'll probably still play "HA" on there like what they do to the other old and outta production Nicktoons (another one, "KABLAM! Very good series. Another flashback show. Do they still play it on "Nicktoons"?) Sadly, I don't have "Nicktoons" so I have to live with my video tapes---yeah, especially since they have fair quality and I bought them in 1997 and 1998. I hope they keep well for a while during the next few years. I hardly play them. Like I said, It's a too darn shame that Nick kicked out one of my favorite Nicktoon gems out the window. RIP.

For thoes fans of the other shows, even thought I don't like them (although, I liked them at one point), I have sympathy for you folks. You all had your moments with the shows at lease once or twice or more, It's time to let go and go on for the rest of your lives. Find something new to watch. You'll might forget all about it. Who knows, Maybe the eps.'ll go out on DVD someday. I feel your pains, fans. But, hey, life goes on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vic's Review's VERY Last Gasp...on Blogger

Well, you saw this coming, didn't you? As I have told you in a previous post, this blog on Blogger will no longer be updated with new reviews. However, for historical and nostalgic purposes, the blog will remain up. I may or may not want to make another blog with Blogger. If so, what will the new blog be about? Blogger is a fine platform that had handled this blog very well through the years. It was very usable for blog beginners. Even I noticed the ease of use when starting this blog, my first blog. Though many things have changed since 2004, this platform is still very usable. I have the new blog set up but I have not posted anything yet. I was waiting to close out this blog first. This is made with the WordPress that was an option from my web hosting account (in other words, "wordpress.org," the non-free version). I am learning more about WordPress design/development so the blog will improve with time. The first post will come soon. Please stay tuned! http://ww...

Goodbye to Bloo - Reviewed

Originally Written 25 December 2016 Goodbye to Bloo Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Cartoon Network 3 May 2009 As I said in an earlier post , I didn't get to see this ep when it premiered. I found out about it the next day. Not even 2 years later I finally got to see the episode. Yeah, the week of 3 May 2009 wasn't the best week for me (for personal reasons). To this day I have seen "Goodbye to Bloo" several times and here's what I think of it. They tried to make it where Mac would no longer be coming to Foster's when it was something else entirely. This was how they ended the series. Even if I had absolutely no idea this was the actual last episode, I can tell it's the final episode just by seeing how the story proceeds and ends. Toward the very end, upon closing the episode, the ending made my mind flash backwards through the entire series, remembering the great and not-so-great moments that made "Foster's" "Foster...

iMucha Lucha!, iMucha Lucha!, It's a way of life!

Today at school, I was about to go to band when I heard someone talk about The Flea (One of the characters). The person who said it wasn't sure which show it came from. Then they started to talk about "iMucha Lucha!" So I dashed out as fast as I can and before you know it, I was at band. That was so I could not hear more about it. We would play so loud that we cannot hear them in the other room. It was a time of a lifetime. Once again, I will not forget about it. Speaking of "iMucha Lucha!," my friend Brad and I were doing the dance to the theme song my cousin and I made up, and I accidently kicked him in the butt. I even told my Talking Teacher about it. It was so funny. A minute I kicked him in the butt, he said "You and I are 2 'iMucha Lucha!' fans on the go." And there's also gonna be a "iMucha Lucha!" marathon on "Cartoon Network" on Friday. Keep an eye out for that. He also made up this equasion; Cartoon Network+F...