Skip to main content

Butch Hartman signs a deal

On February 22, 2005 (possibly), Butch Hartman (The Fairly OddParents, Danny Phantom) signed a three-year deal with Nickelodeon. The deal was for him to create new animated and live-action shows for Nick (and I guess for Noggin, too).
That's sounds wonderful! I'll probably know how good the 3 years worth of animated programs will be. But with the live-action shows, I don't know. He hasn't made any live-action stuff before, although he has acted out in some in his day. I doubt they'll stay for even a 5th season. I'm not really a big fan for live-action stuff. That's why I hardly ever post reviews on live- action shows. But if I do feel like watching them, I hope, whoever's doing the casting, doesn't pick out any people with horrible acting. And I hope they won't get poorly written or lack of humor like "The Amanda Show" or "Zoey 101." And I hope the main characters are never-been-on-tv actors or actresses. They better not be people like Drake, Josh, or the girl who does Emma on
"Unfabulaus."
Wow! this
is the first time in the "Vic's Review" history that i've been talking about live-action stuff. I hope Butch's new shows go well and the three-year contract comes through. I hope conversations like these never come up here again. I will only do animated stuff to compete with thoes other animated websites. It'll reduce the trouble i'll have to go through to find news to these live- action shows. I'll tell you some more "Cartoon" stuff, later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vic's Review's VERY Last Gasp...on Blogger

Well, you saw this coming, didn't you? As I have told you in a previous post, this blog on Blogger will no longer be updated with new reviews. However, for historical and nostalgic purposes, the blog will remain up. I may or may not want to make another blog with Blogger. If so, what will the new blog be about? Blogger is a fine platform that had handled this blog very well through the years. It was very usable for blog beginners. Even I noticed the ease of use when starting this blog, my first blog. Though many things have changed since 2004, this platform is still very usable. I have the new blog set up but I have not posted anything yet. I was waiting to close out this blog first. This is made with the WordPress that was an option from my web hosting account (in other words, "wordpress.org," the non-free version). I am learning more about WordPress design/development so the blog will improve with time. The first post will come soon. Please stay tuned! http://ww...

Goodbye to Bloo - Reviewed

Originally Written 25 December 2016 Goodbye to Bloo Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Cartoon Network 3 May 2009 As I said in an earlier post , I didn't get to see this ep when it premiered. I found out about it the next day. Not even 2 years later I finally got to see the episode. Yeah, the week of 3 May 2009 wasn't the best week for me (for personal reasons). To this day I have seen "Goodbye to Bloo" several times and here's what I think of it. They tried to make it where Mac would no longer be coming to Foster's when it was something else entirely. This was how they ended the series. Even if I had absolutely no idea this was the actual last episode, I can tell it's the final episode just by seeing how the story proceeds and ends. Toward the very end, upon closing the episode, the ending made my mind flash backwards through the entire series, remembering the great and not-so-great moments that made "Foster's" "Foster...

My Thoughts on "Catscratch"

Originally written 29 January 2017 Catscratch Nickelodeon 9 July 2005-10 February 2008 Since "Camp Lazlo" (7-8-05) and "Catscratch" (7-9-05) premiered on night apart, I'd thought I'd post each review on the same day. Lala Lala La-La-La, Catscratch! Now that someday is today, let's discuss Nickelodeon's mid-'00s animated show, "Catscratch." Even though it's from what Nick might call their "Dark Ages" (times they wish to forget, one of the few shows that have not had a full DVD release or official release on streaming platforms), this show is quite excellent. Here are some reasons. If you were to have a single glance at the 3 main characters, would you believe they were cats? They may not look like cats but who cares? Sure the show had anthropomorphic cats but you have to see what they do. They take care of their deceased "kitty mommy"'s property and the adventures are quite interesting. Some of th...