Skip to main content

Wait, I'm here! [Vic's Review's Last Gasp]

What is going on? Yes, I'm still alive.

I'll just carry on even though no one is reading. Is anyone reading?

After I posted my last post, I thought my newer post were NOTHING like my old post from the blog's earlier days. Something was missing. Part of it was that I felt like I wasn't having any fun. The post were just forced. It was something I had to do. During these past seven years, I underwent so much; family, extra-curricular organizations, writer's block, maturing, new technology, additional English/writing classes, changing of likings... I haven't forgotten about this blog. In fact, all this time I've been thinking about what to do next with it. Since I have access to the account, abandonment is not an option.

Through these years, my likings have changed quite a bit. These new likings include discoveries of older shows/animation as well as more live-actions shows. I figured my reviewing Power Rangers episodes on this blog would be extremely unfitting. My new mature style of writing would no longer match the style of writing as, say, back in 2005.

So, after several years of long contemplation on the future of this blog I have decided to officially end Vic's Review and start a completely new blog. With streaming services like Hulu and Netflix, there is a wide variety of shows I could write about and give my recommendations on them. I've been writing quite a few reviews and potential blog post in the past year that I'd love to share with you before I close out this blog. If you could just stick around for a few days/several weeks, I will be posting them as time becomes available as my life schedule is very busy. I'm tying up the lose ends by fulfilling the promises I made in past reviews. I'll post the first one as soon as possible.

Thanks for Reading,
Vic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vic's Review's VERY Last Gasp...on Blogger

Well, you saw this coming, didn't you? As I have told you in a previous post, this blog on Blogger will no longer be updated with new reviews. However, for historical and nostalgic purposes, the blog will remain up. I may or may not want to make another blog with Blogger. If so, what will the new blog be about? Blogger is a fine platform that had handled this blog very well through the years. It was very usable for blog beginners. Even I noticed the ease of use when starting this blog, my first blog. Though many things have changed since 2004, this platform is still very usable. I have the new blog set up but I have not posted anything yet. I was waiting to close out this blog first. This is made with the WordPress that was an option from my web hosting account (in other words, "wordpress.org," the non-free version). I am learning more about WordPress design/development so the blog will improve with time. The first post will come soon. Please stay tuned! http://ww...

Goodbye to Bloo - Reviewed

Originally Written 25 December 2016 Goodbye to Bloo Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Cartoon Network 3 May 2009 As I said in an earlier post , I didn't get to see this ep when it premiered. I found out about it the next day. Not even 2 years later I finally got to see the episode. Yeah, the week of 3 May 2009 wasn't the best week for me (for personal reasons). To this day I have seen "Goodbye to Bloo" several times and here's what I think of it. They tried to make it where Mac would no longer be coming to Foster's when it was something else entirely. This was how they ended the series. Even if I had absolutely no idea this was the actual last episode, I can tell it's the final episode just by seeing how the story proceeds and ends. Toward the very end, upon closing the episode, the ending made my mind flash backwards through the entire series, remembering the great and not-so-great moments that made "Foster's" "Foster...

My Thoughts on "Catscratch"

Originally written 29 January 2017 Catscratch Nickelodeon 9 July 2005-10 February 2008 Since "Camp Lazlo" (7-8-05) and "Catscratch" (7-9-05) premiered on night apart, I'd thought I'd post each review on the same day. Lala Lala La-La-La, Catscratch! Now that someday is today, let's discuss Nickelodeon's mid-'00s animated show, "Catscratch." Even though it's from what Nick might call their "Dark Ages" (times they wish to forget, one of the few shows that have not had a full DVD release or official release on streaming platforms), this show is quite excellent. Here are some reasons. If you were to have a single glance at the 3 main characters, would you believe they were cats? They may not look like cats but who cares? Sure the show had anthropomorphic cats but you have to see what they do. They take care of their deceased "kitty mommy"'s property and the adventures are quite interesting. Some of th...