Skip to main content

Atomic Betty "Halloween"?

I don't know where to start 'cause this is my first Atomic Betty review. Although this show has been mentioned about twice during the one year this blog has been around. According to the copyright date at the end of the ending credits, it said it aired last year (2004) so this rewiew is quite late. This aired during Fridays. They claimed this was a Holloween episode, though I saw nothing Holloween about it. It looked as if it were just a typical episode. Tajja Isen (Betty) was a guest star. Now I finally know what she looks like. She wasn't how I expected, but she proved she was Tajja "Atomic Betty" Isen none the less. Also, her singing's OK though (the singing was near the end of the 2nd 15 minutes).

As I heard, this episode of "Fridays" was supposed to consist of about all Holloween episodes of cartoons. There was probably some hidden holloween stuff in this Atomic Betty, but I could barely find it. I'm sorry, this doesn't deserve the whole 5 star thing. I did manage to get some "ha-ha"'s into this. I liked, in the second part, I turned on closed-caption and muteded it. While reading the captions, I just seemed to managed to read the captions a loud in character. That was fun until "Tajja's" song came on. I had to unmute the TV just to sing it with her.

The real rating: well, this is on the verge of very good and average. I'm gonna pretend to be a applause-o-meter and give this "whatever" ep. 3 1/2 stars (there goes that half system, again). Like someone on Independent Movie DataBase said, "pretty decent...BUT WHERE'S THE STORY!"

I don't watch this show as much as I used to because I so busy with stuff. And, of course, I'm not gonna watch it like at 6:30 am. It's more of a late morning-late day show for me. I like the humor of this show and how it written...this may not make sence, but the storylines just don't appeal to me anymore. I could tell from the begining what's gonna happen. When Betty has to do something on earth, she always has something to do in the galactic world. Not just that but 15 minutes is just not enough. We need the whole 30 minutes to see a decent adventure in space. I'm saying: the storylines are the same everytime. Good show, but we need a lot more than that (just as long as it doesn't jump). 3 1/2 stars is where it stays at. Yep!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vic's Review's VERY Last Gasp...on Blogger

Well, you saw this coming, didn't you? As I have told you in a previous post, this blog on Blogger will no longer be updated with new reviews. However, for historical and nostalgic purposes, the blog will remain up. I may or may not want to make another blog with Blogger. If so, what will the new blog be about? Blogger is a fine platform that had handled this blog very well through the years. It was very usable for blog beginners. Even I noticed the ease of use when starting this blog, my first blog. Though many things have changed since 2004, this platform is still very usable. I have the new blog set up but I have not posted anything yet. I was waiting to close out this blog first. This is made with the WordPress that was an option from my web hosting account (in other words, "wordpress.org," the non-free version). I am learning more about WordPress design/development so the blog will improve with time. The first post will come soon. Please stay tuned! http://ww...

Goodbye to Bloo - Reviewed

Originally Written 25 December 2016 Goodbye to Bloo Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Cartoon Network 3 May 2009 As I said in an earlier post , I didn't get to see this ep when it premiered. I found out about it the next day. Not even 2 years later I finally got to see the episode. Yeah, the week of 3 May 2009 wasn't the best week for me (for personal reasons). To this day I have seen "Goodbye to Bloo" several times and here's what I think of it. They tried to make it where Mac would no longer be coming to Foster's when it was something else entirely. This was how they ended the series. Even if I had absolutely no idea this was the actual last episode, I can tell it's the final episode just by seeing how the story proceeds and ends. Toward the very end, upon closing the episode, the ending made my mind flash backwards through the entire series, remembering the great and not-so-great moments that made "Foster's" "Foster...

My Thoughts on "Catscratch"

Originally written 29 January 2017 Catscratch Nickelodeon 9 July 2005-10 February 2008 Since "Camp Lazlo" (7-8-05) and "Catscratch" (7-9-05) premiered on night apart, I'd thought I'd post each review on the same day. Lala Lala La-La-La, Catscratch! Now that someday is today, let's discuss Nickelodeon's mid-'00s animated show, "Catscratch." Even though it's from what Nick might call their "Dark Ages" (times they wish to forget, one of the few shows that have not had a full DVD release or official release on streaming platforms), this show is quite excellent. Here are some reasons. If you were to have a single glance at the 3 main characters, would you believe they were cats? They may not look like cats but who cares? Sure the show had anthropomorphic cats but you have to see what they do. They take care of their deceased "kitty mommy"'s property and the adventures are quite interesting. Some of th...